JOIN OUR FORUMS

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Vitality Evolution Forums Healthy Lifestyle How do I make a healthy lifestyle change that lasts?

• How do I make a healthy lifestyle change that lasts?

Sue updated 1 year, 9 months ago 6 Members · 6 Posts
  • Rebecca Martin

August 30, 2019 at 8:03 am

Making lifestyle changes that last

• Angela Lewis

September 1, 2019 at 2:20 am

Healthy Lifestyle is all about looking after your healthy life and healthy body as well. Not only eating healthy is the most important part of your body there are so many things that will help you and your life healthy. Being healthy is the most important than anything because sometime this day people don’t feel confident about themselves which is very sad, They think they are not perfect. Obviously, we all have social media we look around and enjoy it a lot. But when sometime we look at the model and we say to ourselves ‘Wow this girl looks amazing why can’t I be like them’? It very important for you guys to know that no one is perfect we are all different and beautiful human being because God made us and his proud and we should all be proud, Look around you have an amazing group of friends, family, and others. I started eating healthy, not because I have too, I started because I wanted – I wasn’t confident about myself, I hated myself which is wrong and I knew now that I don’t care I have to do something to make myself proud of who I am. So Today in this Article I will be giving you 10 tips about having a healthy life and healthy body.

1. Don’t be stress it will affect your body, Get some help if you stress about someone – You need to talk to someone if something isn’t right.

2. Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits any kind.

3. Be active

4. Try cut down fast food – If you eat fast food every day you may get sick and throw up please be careful, Some people may be big.

5. Sleep Well

6. Drink plenty of water. DO NOT DRINK DURING EATING. When your eating and your down, make sure you wait exact 15 minutes then you can drink

7. Avoid Dessert ( I am so obsessed with Chocolate I will have only one dark chocolate not everyday maybe twice a week)

8. Treat yourself like buy something that you like, Go Spa, do your nail, do stuff that you will enjoy and try do it for yourself…. and then your friends then your mum or dad.

9. Be proud of yourself don’t let anyone put you down, don’t anyone tell you that you’re not perfect. believe me or not no one is perfect – Everyone is beautiful and amazing inside and out please remember that.

10. Don’t skip breakfast

I am loving my life now. It so important to feel love, safe, supportive and healthy. It felt amazing – I have an amazing family and an amazing best friend. I know some of you might have that as well. I love my confident now, I love my body, because I know it healthy and I know I am not perfect – I always hear from others that I am beautiful inside and out and now I have noticed. I am very confident to speak up, take care of myself, it feels good! It very important to feel healthy and not stress.

Please don’t stress, If you are going through a hard time and you starting to get stress you will get more sick. You should talk to someone you love or confident with. Please!

Take care ✌

Don’t Give Up

Look after yourself!

You are Beautiful Inside and Out ❤️

• John

October 26, 2019 at 12:42 am

It is the same as the answer to the question, “How do I start exercising?”

And of course the answer is, you start exercising.

Optimal health is its own motivation. It is not uncommon at all to have patients who are extremely resistant to the idea of giving up, say, garlic for a period of time. But some people have symptoms that strongly suggest they are not processing sulfur well, and garlic is the main culprit in that.

So this person with headaches and chronic pain and maybe skin issues finally acquiesces and gives it up. And their symptoms, which perhaps they’ve struggled with for years or even decades, go away. That person doesn’t have to be convinced to continue to avoid garlic. The prior love does not outweigh their enjoyment of living without their symptoms.

This is not a hypothetical case. In fact, garlic is one of the most reactive foods I have found to contribute to symptoms. It’s in the top 5 anyway.

The point is, you have to take the first steps toward those changes. Once the effects happen, they will keep you motivated, and eventually you are not sacrificing for the sake of the changes, they are just who you are.

• Claudia

October 30, 2019 at 3:46 am

I have a high capacity for change, it is something I have developed over time, and the more I focus on changing myself for the better, the better my life has become, so you are on the right track by having this desire.

First things first.

The smoking is the worst. Any way, any how, quit it immediately.

I did it for years. I get how hard it is, and all I can say is that you really have to hate it to quit. For me it came around the end of my time at Google. I had been working insane hours, and was so happy to see Cigarette’s at $4.50 a pack in CA (They were almost $7 a pack in IL) that I had a tendency to work all night, while smoking cigarette’s.

Fast forward to driving in the parking lot one day and feeling my heart racing and a pain in my chest I thought I was going to have a heart attack, and really got a sense for the first time of how destructive smoking was. I swore off at that very moment. Cold turkey, and I immediately downloaded an app called Smoke Free.

My stats to date:

I have saved almost $4500.

I have regained 249 days of my life.

It has been 2 years and 265 days (at time of this writing) since I quit.

I have not smoked 17, 937 cigarette’s!

As for other change. It’s hard. Here are the stages I have recognized.

First you need to become aware of what you want to change. You can’t change something you are not aware of.

Once you are aware of what you need to change you have to train yourself to catch yourself doing it. It is hard at first, but the more you do it, the easier it gets.

Then you need to be super vigilant about not doing it. You have to set the opinion in your mind that you are NOT a person who does that action anymore. That’s it. You don’t do it, and you won’t do it. Then don’t do it (the most important part).

It’s hard, but the more you do it, the more you will be able to change yourself.

As for Wheat. I would work on Smoking first, Sugar second, and when you have those two down try tackling wheat. Don’t do it all together, It is futile. Change is slow, but what the hell, time is going to go by anyway. What are you going to do with it?

Taking the steps you want to take is worth it. It will give you a better quality of life, and it is the right thing to do.

Good luck!

• Oliver

December 7, 2019 at 6:05 pm

While those four habits are indisputably important for a healthy lifestyle, some may argue that more factors should be taken into consideration. What would be on your list?

Just for fun, I came up with my own personal top 10 list of healthy behaviors (beyond the four basics) that contribute to wellness and satisfaction with one’s lifestyle:

Brush and floss daily to keep your teeth and gums healthy and free of disease.

Get a good night’s rest. Well-rested people not only cope better with stress, but may also have better control of their appetites. Research has shown that a lack of sleep can put our “hunger hormones” out of balance — and possibly trigger overeating.

Enjoy regular family meals. This allows parents to serve as good role models, can promote more nutritious eating, and sets the stage for lively conversations. Being connected to family and/or friends is a powerful aspect of a healthy life.

Smile and laugh out loud several times a day. It keeps you grounded, and helps you cope with situations that would otherwise make you crazy. Read the comics, watch a sitcom, or tell jokes to bring out those happy feelings.

Meditate, pray, or otherwise find solace for at least 10-20 minutes each day. Contemplation is good for your soul, helps you cope with the demands of daily life, and may even help lower your blood pressure.

Get a pedometer and let it motivate you to walk, walk, walk. Forget about how many minutes of activity you need; just do everything you can to fit more steps into your day. No matter how you get it, physical activity can help defuse stress, burn calories, and boost self-esteem.

Stand up straight. You’ll look 5 pounds lighter if you stand tall and tighten your abdominal muscles. Whenever you walk, think “tall and tight” to get the most out of the movement.

Try yoga. The poses help increase strength and flexibility and improve balance. These are critical areas for older folks especially, and both men and women can benefit.

Power up the protein. This nutrient is an essential part of your eating plan, and can make up anywhere from 10%-35% of your total calories. Protein lasts a long time in your belly; combine it with high-fiber foods and you’ll feel full on fewer calories. Enjoy small portions of nuts, low-fat dairy, beans, lean meat, poultry, or fish.

Last but not least, have a positive attitude. Do your best to look at life as if “the glass is half full.” You must believe in yourself, have good support systems, and think positively (“I think I can, I think I can…”) to succeed.

• Sue

January 16, 2020 at 11:53 pm

You might not like this, but I’m going to recommend that you start slowly. That’s the only real way to make lasting changes.

I’ll tell you how I went from being obese and out of shape (and barely able to walk) to being at my ideal weight, buff, and full of energy. The first step was giving up sodas. That was huge for me because I was drinking 5–8 sodas a day! (I know!) Once I had that down, I started working with a personal trainer twice a week (half hour sessions.) After a couple of months, I started improving my diet (adding veggies and lean meats, backing off on sweets) Then I started going to the gym more often ( doing the same workouts I was learning from my trainer) I kept making improvements to my diet and started doing some boot camps at the gym. By this time I was going to the gym 5–6 days a week for an hour at a time. Then my personal trainer insisted that I try a boxing class. I really didn’t want to but finally gave in. To my great surprise, I loved it! I added boxing classes a few days a week to my schedule. Then I tried Muay Thai. It was just as fun as boxing. By this point I was working out 2–3 hours a day. I had my body at the right weight, my diet was on point (totally clean, lots of fresh veggies, some fruits, lean meats, whole grains, etc.) This year a guy in my boxing class insisted he could teach me Jiu Jitsu. Once again I was reluctant, tried a lesson, and loved it! Now I do boxing, Muay Thai, and Jiu Jitsu daily. I also do Core classes and work out with my personal trainer. I’m stronger and healthier than I’ve ever been in my life ( amazing since I’m in my 60’s) I can’t imagine ever going back to the sad life I was living before!

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to toolbar