JOIN OUR FORUMS

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community around the world.

Vitality Evolution Forums Healthy Lifestyle How can I simply maintain a healthy lifestyle?

• How can I simply maintain a healthy lifestyle?

Claudia updated 1 year, 9 months ago 6 Members · 6 Posts
  • Rebecca Martin

October 6, 2019 at 2:00 am

How can I simply maintain a healthy lifestyle?

• Angela Lewis

October 6, 2019 at 2:21 am

I got into a healthy lifestyle because I was always a ‘skinny’ fat asian girl, meaning skinny with no muscle definition any where, really skinny legs and arms and chubby belly, I also had high cholesterol, suffered with terrible IBS and was prone to diabetes as it ran in the family.

At work a girl (who I thought had a great figure) was going to start to work out with a personal trainer, who was also a competitive bodybuilder (I believe these guys truly have pioneered nutrition and you can learn alot from them). I followed suit and so my journey began!!

I started lifting weights, 2–4 times a week as well as completely cleaning up my diet, it was never about starvation. This is where I learnt the importance of eating real foods so you know exactly what you are putting into your body, (and avoiding lots of ‘hidden sugars’) I realised very early on that lots of things we thought were traditionally healthy like the ‘fruit juices’, ‘dried fruits’ were actually not so great after all.. as they were full of sugar.

I also got into eating quality protein with every meal as well as learning the importance of eating complex carbs, (they help keep you full for longer and stabilise your blood sugar levels so you don’t get the crash and burn as with the processed white carbohydrates!!) I ate 3 meals a day with 2 snacks in between, this way my metabolism was always fired up and it also stopped me from having to binge on anything I could get my hands on like I used to in the past when I wouldn’t eat anything until 4pm, then I would eat whatever I could find!!

I think I never felt or looked better, I was strong, alert, lean, focused, both mentally and physically.

Having an exercise routine that you truly enjoy can make all the difference to you sticking to it long term, weight training was like a meditation practice for me, I also had a coach who helped me reach my goals FASTER!! , but this was also a time in my life when all my primary foods were healthy.. i.e my finances, my relationships, my levels of joy, helping my overall journey of optimal health and wellness.

• Sue

October 9, 2019 at 5:53 am

It’s easy to put off healthy living habits, but you don’t have to wait for New Years to start planning a healthier lifestyle. If you feel that you need to make improvements to your lifestyle for your health, you’re not alone. Taking time to reevaluate our lifestyles is part of life!

Although it’s hard to get out of old habits, a healthy lifestyle can give you more energy, improved mental health, and can increase your chances of defeating illnesses.

Here are few steps you can take to managing a healthier lifestyle:

1. Include fruits and vegetables in your diet

Adding fruits and vegetables is a perfect foundation for starting a healthy routine. Vegetables, like leafy greens, and fruits contain plentiful amounts of nutrients such as vitamins and antioxidants that help boost your immune system and fight off disease causing toxins. Antioxidants help fight eye disease, promote healthy skin, and overall health. The World Health Organization recommends eating fruits and veggies as a regular part of your diet so you’ll have a better chance of fighting some cancers, diseases, and heart disease. Make sure to eat five to nine servings of varied veggie and fruits per day.

2. Drink water

You can save money and improve your health by drinking water throughout the day. The natural liquid offers the benefits of hydration, nourishment, and improved well-being. Water can cleanse toxins from the body, improve brain function, energize muscles, control weight gain, and balance body temperature and fluids. It’s recommended to drink about 8 glasses, or 64 ounces, of water per day.

3. Manage your mental health

When it comes to building a healthy lifestyle, it’s easy to concentrate on the physical aspects of health and ignore the mental upkeep. Remember that your mental health is a foundation of your overall health. It’s important to manage and asses your feelings on a day-to-day basis. If you feel negative towards others, you could cause more unhappiness at work, school, or in your social life. Some ways you can improve your mental health include:

Exercise

Socialize with loved ones

Join a club

Sleep 7-9 hours every night

Do something creative

If you continue to feel unhappy or even depressed, consult your physician or talk to a professional about ways you can improve your mental health.

4.Destress

Sometimes it’s beneficial to stop, take a deep breath, and relax. You can help maintain your physical and mental health by decompressing from a long, stressful school or work week. Try some relaxing activities to help you relax. Take advantage of meditation, listening to music, reading, watching a comedy, or exercising. These activities can help you unwind and they cause feelings of happiness and clam.

5. Exercise

The body is truly the temple of the soul, and you don’t want that temple to fall apart! Exercise is a great way to stimulate your health and studies have shown that physical activity helps improve longevity and overall health. Try to exercise up to three times a week. The American Heart Association advises for 150 minutes of exercise each week or an hour at least three times a week. Pick a convenient time schedule out time. You could exercise for 30 minutes the morning to get energized for your day.

Remember to keep your workouts fun. You should enjoy your workout and not feel like it’s a chore. Some fun physical activities include:

Dancing

Yoga

Aerobics

Running

Hiking

These lifestyle tips can help you maintain a healthy and happier habits. The Branford Hall Career Institute hopes our students and graduates take advantage of these tips and share them with others. Sharing health and wellness with others can help build a strong, happy community and fulfilling lives!

• Virginia

November 22, 2019 at 5:28 am

Maintaining Healthy Lifestyle not only means maintaining a good physical fitness but it becomes equally important to maintain a good mental fitness.

Well right from our childhood days we all are being taught how to maintain physical fitness and proper health, these include habits like-

Maintaining proper diet, hygiene etc. Wearing clean clothes, doing proper exercise and taking adequate amount of sleep. These are some little but important things which can keep you physically fit and healthy.

It is rightly said that “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity. ”

So this leads us to the term mental fitness.

What is mental fitness??

Mental fitness means the state of having an alert and focused mind. This can be achieved by keeping some tips in mind. These tips are listed below..

Controlling your reactions- In times of oubursts of feelings, try to keep your breath deep and slow.

Make time for yourself- Always try to gain some time for yourself, so that u can introspect about your mistakes.

Never underestimate yourself-Underestimating yourself can lead to the deterioration in your efficiency. Also it leads to emotional stress and thus degrading your performance.

Focus – Always try to focus on the upcoming events. Never waste your energy on the things which went wrong and can’t be corrected.

Most important is to have faith in yourself and always try to remain calm and focused .

Thank you all for your time.

Hope it helps.

Cheers!!

• Alexander Clarkson

November 27, 2019 at 4:56 pm

For maintaining healthy life style you should follow some guidelines in your daily routine as mentioned below:

1) Exercise daily: You should practice walking, running, swimming, playing outdoor games, performing yoga asana, and meditation daily. To keep your body & mind disease free.

2) Drink plenty of water: Start your day with a glass of lukewarm water daily as it helps in detoxification of your body. Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily.

3) Eat fresh fruits & vegetables: Include green leafy vegetables & fruits in your daily diet. It’s better to take in raw or boiled form. Fruits & vegetables are rich in nutrients such as vitamins, minerals & antioxidant in nature.

4) Sleep: Relax your body & mind. Take 6-8 hrs sleep every night to keep yourself healthy.

5) Fast food & packed food: Avoid fast & packed food as it disturbs your physical as well as mental health.

6) Gadgets: Avoid using mobile phones, laptops & tablets etc especially at night time as it disturbs your mental health.

7) Go green with herbs: Always try to use herbal treatment for your acute and chronic diseases. As this type of treatment don’t cause any side effects on your body & keeps you healthy.

• Claudia

January 10, 2020 at 8:35 pm

The answer to this question boils down to your priorities. If you make your health a priority then definitely you will have a good lifestyle which keeps you fit and active all day long.

A few things which will help you maintain a healthy lifestyle are

Sleep: A min 7–8 hours of sleep is mandatory for everyone. If you are skipping on your sleep hours then you definitely will not have a fresh start to the day. Avoid staying glued to your mobile phones as the blue light emitting from your device are known to disrupt your sleeping cycle.

Exercise: Physical activity keeps your body away from several diseases such as cardiovascular diseases and others. So it is important to put stress on your body physically in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

Water: Daily consumption of around 7–8 liters of water is good for your body. With that amount of intake, you remove all the impurities from your body.

Make sure you draw a line between your personal and professional life. Mixing up both will drag you towards stress and anxiety. You should know where you need to put a full stop to your work and make time for your family.

These tips will definitely help you lead a good life and a healthy lifestyle. These are some of the most basic tips which can bring a drastic change to our lives but we keep looking for things in the expectation to bring drastic changes to our lives. So start small and make a routine in your life and you will see the improvement in no time.

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now
Skip to toolbar